Monday, December 27, 2010

wow.


Well I found out a guy I've played disc golf with quite a few times died last week. I'll withhold the full name. I found out the day before Christmas. Then found out an old acquaintance from high schools husband died also.
So today is the funeral for the guy I knew, and I just found out he killed himself.

If anyone is actually reading this then I'll tell you I have had mental issues my whole life and have been suicidal quite a bit of my adult life.
I recently finally got correctly diagnosed bipolar and a few other things and have been taking lithium for about 6 months now and it is the first drug that actually seems to be stabilizing my mood swings.
I still have some other issues I'm trying to deal with, and I still get happy and sad. But the lithium really seems to make me more "even keel" for lack of a better word.
anyway... so this really bummed me out to find out Rod was apparently depressed enough to take his own life.

It used to freak me out when I would find out about someone killing themselves that I knew because I have tried to kill myself so many times in the past.

It didn't freak me out so much as just made me wonder how much I pay attention to people I know. I mean. I was on the same card as this person at a tournament last year and he seemed fine. he played at our clubs mini's all the time and always looked to be in good spirits. he would hang out often after a round and drink a few beers. he even won an ace pot over the summer.

well... the funeral is in an hour or so.
be well people. pay attention to others around you.

R.I.P. Rod

No comments:

Post a Comment